Hello, lovely people! Welcome to my shiny new website.
You may already know me from This Is Uni Food – if so, you’ll already know a few things about me. If not, here are some things you should know.
1. This is me, at home in Cumbria:
2. I love to cook (sweet, savoury, anything), and then to write about it.
3. I have been vegetarian since the age of 7. Before this I was brought up pescatarian, but I decided I didn’t want to eat my goldfish, and so didn’t want to eat any fish at all.
4. I have a particular fondness for anything with cheese. And herbs. And bread. I should make a cheese and herb bread.
5. I only watch TV for cooking programmes. Last year I met Nigel Slater, and I’m still working on a new life goal (maybe to co-write a book with him…?).
6. I’m currently attempting the 5:2 diet, so may occasionally post recipes where I actually count calories and things.
7. I am a recent English Literature graduate, and am currently seeking a job in food writing/editing.
With this blog I intend to continue the work of Uni Food – ie. cooking and writing about it – but I also want to share more of my own food-related thoughts and adventures. This could be a review of a restaurant, or a report on a food festival. If there’s anything in particular you’d like to see, please leave a comment and I’ll see what I can do!