A few months ago now, a friend at work brought me back a bag of beautiful trofie pasta from Italy. I’d been wanting to make this recipe for a while, and I thought it would be a lovely one to do the pasta justice!
It’s so easy to make – all the ingredients cook in the same pan, and it’s all ready in 10 minutes, making it great to whip up for a packed lunch. If you have the ingredients to hand, you can throw together some homemade pesto, too (I used watercress and almond) to make it even more flavourful.
Ingredients (serves 2):
– 100g new potatoes, sliced
– 150g trofie, or other short pasta (such as fusilli)
– 100g fine green beans, tailed and halved
– 100g pesto
1. In a large pan of boiling, salted water, cook the potatoes and pasta for 10 minutes, adding the beans after the first 5 minutes. The pasta should be al dente, and the veg tender.
2. Drain, then stir in the pesto. Divide between two lunch boxes and store in the fridge.
Tip: The cooking times may vary slightly, depending on your pasta. Check the pack instructions and adapt the timings as needed.